The Pupil Premium Package, also known as PPP, is a Government scheme that allocates an additional sum of money to the school for each eligible child (i.e. for those whose parent’s receive any of the benefits listed below).
In addition to providing support in the classroom, this PPP funding can be spent on YOUR child to cover the costs of:
- attendance at a breakfast club
- subsidised after-school clubs and activities
- payments for trips and visits
- subsidised music tuition
- a school sweatshirt
- continuing eligibility for free school meals when your child progresses to KS2
Those with children in KS1/Foundation will automatically be eligible for the Government’s ‘Universal School Meal Scheme’. However, if you receive any of the benefits listed below but you do not register via the “Free School Meals” (FSM) link, the school will miss out on this vital funding. In turn, you will miss out on the six extra benefits listed above.
If you receive any of the benefits detailed below, PLEASE REGISTER via the FSM link
The school will handle this sensitively and confidentially, and at no point will other pupils be aware that your child receives the Pupil Premium Package.
Whatever year your child is in, if you receive any of the benefits detailed below then PLEASE REGISTER for FSM:
- Income Support;
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance;
- Employment Support Allowance (Income related);
- Child Tax Credit, and you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by H M Revenues & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190;
- the Guarantee Element of the State Pension Credit;
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- if a parent is entitled to Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after their employment ceases, or after they start to work less than 16 hours per week
Please register online here.
If you need any more information please contact the Suffolk Customer Service Centre on 0845 606 6173, or ask at the School Office.