KS1 Home Learning
We believe that Home Learning is an integral part of your child’s educational journey. It’s role is to support and extend the child’s school learning, to deepen the meaning of the child’s school learning and to place it in the context of the wider world of learning for the child.
Click here for this term's 'How to Help your Child' for Year 1 JT & KB sheet.
Click here for this term's 'How to Help your Child' for Year 2 LC & LH sheet.
Practising Spellings at Home - information sheet for Year 2 parents.
- We would encourage you to read with your child as often as possible. Share the home book with them and discuss what happens in it, or in any similar books, talk about the characters.
- Read, spell and write key words.
- Learn the 100 square, counting forward and back from given numbers.
- Bring mathematical language into everyday things, like cooking, time (eg one hour earlier / later, how much more, difference between, read scales etc)
- Complete any Home Learning sheets related to their books.
- Play maths games.
Some good sites for children at this age:
DISCLAIMER: Framlingham Sir Robert Hitcham's CEVAP School is not responsible for pages maintained by external providers or for the content held within them. The sites linked from our website have been identified as useful resources for providing additional information on some of the topics discussed on this site.